Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Next Generation of Distance Education

One key concept that I would like to point out as it relates to the next generation of distance education is how this type of education process has been around for years, but with the introduction of the internet there has been an increase interest in the idea of distance education. And through that interest has spawned a greater interest in advancing these types of programs not only in a college setting, but possibly in the K-12 environment as well. As my research interest looks to explore ways to incorporate social networking technologies in the classroom in the K-12 environment, I am a strong supporter in the push to move distance learning/education to the next level

2 comments:

  1. Great Post!

    What do you see the future looking like? I think it is so hard to predict what we don't know. There are so many changes ahead that I cannot see what it will be like. I just know that if it is anything like the past twenty years...we are in store for some big changes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat,
    I think that the future will bring less F2F interaction and more online communication, mainly through our cell phones. And I am not talking about actually talking, but texting and IM. :)

    ReplyDelete